1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
A look into some banks and other financial institutions has shown that despite resources in vested into training programmes the impact on the efficiency of staff is far below its objective. These problem include:
1). The employee always seen to lack the necessary induction training in regard to the activities of the employee that result to low out put.
2). Many bank do not have proper career path programme or their work forces, and if this seen and properly implemented, it will lead to low efficiency of the organization.
3). Poor selection of development programme for the top executive in the banking industry. Most of development are unrelated on the job.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objective of the study include:
1. To examined the impact of training and development on bank staff efficiency.
2. To evaluate the relationship between training and output.
3. To identify the adequacy or relevance of training course contents to the need of staffs.
4. To undiscovered the constraint associated with the implement of training and development contents.
5. To unravel the impact of training and development of staff.
6. To make more recommendation that could be improved upon on the impact of training and development on bank efficiencies.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The banks in Nigeria, through the banking Act 1959 amended, by the banking decree, provision of 1961, established a training center in the early, 1990 that encourage the development of highy skilled manpower with the views to professionalism banking efficiency.
Also, the study would be useful to the institution (school) and department by design training curriculum and programme for their staff and students.
Again, the study would contribute to further academic knowledge or research especially to students and scholars who will be embarking on similar research topic: Training and development