IMPACT OF PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT IN CONFLICT RESOLUTION IN AN ORGANISATION
Conflict is a struggle or contest, when workers and management have incompatible, conflicting or irreconcilable views or issue that could lead to conflicting tendencies are not new to industries organization. Conflicting is normal and it is positive as well as negative. It is unethical to find organisations without conflicts, or conflicting issues. Industrial conflict many be defined as the inability of labour and management to reach agreement on any issue connected with the object of employer – employees interaction. Conflicts many be caused within the enterprise (internal) or outside it (external). Internal sources refer to the inability of employers and employees to obtain maximal share of the industrial cake, the conflicting needs of all three and various forms of employers grievances of complaints about individual employees or the work group.
Most important is the inability of the employer to satisfy the workers various needs, submission to mechanical control and alienation. Other issues are connected with misinterpretation or non-implementation of the collective agreements. External source of conflicts include governments industrial and economic policies, the nature of labour legislation, unpatriotic and unethical behaviour of the political and economic classes, national economic management and general distribution of wealth and power in the society.
1.1 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The objective of this study is stated below as follows:
1. To critically examine the causes of conflict within the management of an organization.
2. To identify the sources of conflict in management.
3. To analyse how conflict can be managed in an organisation.
4. To asses the impact of conflict management on business performance.
5. To appraise the importance of personnel management in conflict resolution in an organisation.
6. To study the concept of personnel management in an organisation.
7. To evaluate the effectiveness of adopting managerial approach in resolving conflicts within an organisation.
8. To make necessary recommendation.
1.7 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The final work of this research study will assist management in every organisation to adopt strategic means of managing personnel to enhance efficiency and performance. It will also highlight the importance of using effective personnel management in resolving conflicts within the organisation, and the problems and challenges faced by managers when carrying out this critical aspect of managerial functions.
1.8 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The research study shall focus on the role played by personnel managers in resolving conflict between management and members of the staff of an organisation. The type of conflict management will be properly analysed in the course of the research study.
1.9 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
This study is aimed at assessing and analyzing the impact of conflict management on top management decision making on the performance of an organisation.
1.10 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The research study shall be constrained by the unavailability of funds, resources, data, information and time.
1.11 DEFINITION OF TERMS
1. EMPLOYEE: A person who has agreed to render services for another person (employer) in return for wages or salary.
2. INDUSTRY: The aggregate of similar firms that perform similar functions for the same market under separate management.
3. MANAGEMENT: This means of achieving organizational goals and objectives through planning, organizing, co-ordinating and controlling both human and material resources.
4. EMPLOYER: A person who has employed the services of another (employee) in payment of either wages or salary.
5. DECISION MAKING: A managerial function of selecting the best course of action for achieving goals and objectives among many other courses of action.
6. BUSINESS: An activity that involves investment of capital, risk, profit and loss.
7. CONFLICT: Disagreements and arguments between some group of people in an organisation that cannot be controlled easily.
8. ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE: The pattern in which the relationship between tasks, positions, responsibilities and authorities are charted in an organisation.
9. COMMUNICATION: This means of transmitting ideas, feelings and messages from one person or unit of an organisation to another.
10. DIRECTORS: Executivesin an organisation that make policy for the day to day management of the organisation.
How do I get this complete project on MPACT OF PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT IN CONFLICT RESOLUTION IN AN ORGANISATION?
Simply click on the Download button above and follow the procedure stated.
I have a fresh topic that is not on your website. How do I go about it?
How fast can I get this complete project on MPACT OF PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT IN CONFLICT RESOLUTION IN AN ORGANISATION?
Within 15 minutes if you want this exact project topic without adjustment
Is it a complete research project or just materials?
It is a Complete Research Project i.e Chapters 1-5, Abstract, Table of Contents, Full References, Questionnaires / Secondary Data
What if I want to change the case study for MPACT OF PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT IN CONFLICT RESOLUTION IN AN ORGANISATION, What do i do?
Chat with Our Instant Help Desk Now: +234 814 010 7220 and you will be responded to immediately
How will I get my complete project?
Your Complete Project Material will be sent to your Email Address in Ms Word document format
Can I get my Complete Project through WhatsApp?
Yes! We can send your Complete Research Project to your WhatsApp Number
What if my Project Supervisor made some changes to a topic i picked from your website?
Call Our Instant Help Desk Now: +234 814 010 7220 and you will be responded to immediately
Do you assist students with Assignment and Project Proposal?
Yes! Call Our Instant Help Desk Now: +234 814 010 7220 and you will be responded to immediately
What if i do not have any project topic idea at all?
Smiles! We've Got You Covered. Chat with us on WhatsApp Now to Get Instant Help: +234 814 010 7220
How can i trust this site?
We are well aware of fraudulent activities that have been happening on the internet. It is regrettable, but hopefully declining. However, we wish to reinstate to our esteemed clients that we are genuine and duly registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission as "PRIMEDGE TECHNOLOGY". This site runs on Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), therefore all transactions on this site are HIGHLY secure and safe!